Set forth below is the text of a comment that I recently posted to another blog entry at this site:
What could a non-goon possibly discuss on this site? Unless they agreed with you 100% and just regurgitated your nonsense you would label them a goon. This site certainly doesn’t need anymore long winded ramblings from “non-goons” you fill that niche more than enough.
Here are some possible topics:
1) Why does Jack Bogle say that there is never a need for an investor to lower his stock allocation by more than 15 percent, even when valuations reach insanely dangerous levels?;
2) Why hasn’t Jack Bogle done something about the terrorist tactics that were used to silence Wade Pfau, the co-author of the research that I did that showed that investors can lower the risk of stock investing by 70 percent by abandoning Buy-and-Hold strategies?
3) Why didn’t the commission that was appointed to identify the cause of the economic crisis assign most of the blame to the continued promotion of Buy-and-Hold strategies for 33 years after the peer-reviewed research showed that the relentless promotion of such strategies ALWAYS caused an economic crisis?;
4) Why didn’t the Wall Street Journal article reporting that the Wall Street Con Men who push Buy-and-Hold strategies “leave out half the story” go viral on the internet?;
5) Why didn’t Wade Pfau learn at Princeton that there is zero support in the peer-reviewed research for the key Buy-and-Hold claim that there is no need to practice price discipline when buying stocks?;
6) Why does Shiller often fail to make the critical distinction between long-term timing (which always works and which is 100 percent required for every investor hoping to have anything more than a zero hope of long-term investing success, according to Shiller’s research) and short-term timing (which the peer-reviewed research in this field indicates can never work)?
7) Why haven’t all of the Old School SWR studies been corrected in the 12 years since the errors in them became public knowledge?;
8) Why haven’t sites like Motley Fool and Morningstar and Index Universe and Early Retirement Forum and Bogleheads Form and Oblivious Investor and Monevator honored their promises to protect us from you Goons?;
9 How long should the prison sentences assigned to those who have put up posts in “defense” of Mel Lindauer and John Greaney and my good friend Jack Bogle be, given the circumstances that apply?; and
10) Why don’t all the people who would like to be making money on the internet take advantage of the huge opportunity that has been presented to them to become pioneers in teaching millions of middle-class people about the first true research-based strategy?
I hope that helps a bit, Anonymous.