I’ve been sending e-mails to various people letting them know about the threats used by Buy-and-Holders to intimidate Academic Researcher Wade Pfau into not publishing further research showing the superiority of Valuation-Informed Indexing strategies over Buy-and-Hold strategies. I report below on some of the responses I have received.
1) Dave Landry of www.DaveLandry.com: “Thanks for the article. I think you’re preaching to the choir. A lot of my work centers around the fact that Buy-and-Hold does not work. Keep up the good fight!”
2) Tom Brakke, CFA: I appreciate you tracking me down and sending me those links. I’ll take a look at them. I’ve essentially promoted Valuation-Informed Indexing in my work over the years, although I’ve never called it that. You can see it thematically in an early blog post of mine, from that fateful Fall of 2008 — The Famous Nine Percent.
3) Bob Krumm at www.BobKrumm.com said:” It’s not something I know a lot about, but interesting nonetheless.”
4) Michael Harr, Founder of Walden Advisors, said: “That was a good read. Keep it going.”
5) Catherine McCauliff, a law professor at Seton Hall, said: “I’m afraid I don’t know anyone in my life who plans to retire early. If you meet such a one, send him my way so he can send me some of his extra dollars! Best of luck in rounding up the dreamers.” I responded: “Will do! Thanks for your response, Catherine.”